Medicine Buddha

Sunday, May 29, 2011

back pain

It is known that 80% of Americans have back pain.
When I moved to this continent in 1976, many people of all ages talked about their back pain. I was surprised because I had never heard any one complain about back pain in Europe. Not even older folks.
Now, after having lived here for 35 years, I have joined the 80% with back injuries and have my own back problems.
My daily diet includes all the good foods against inflammation: raw almonds, cooked broccoli, turmeric, raw carrots, berries, spinach, olive oil and Alaskan wild salmon (not enough) omega 3 fatty acids are available in capsules.
I have found that exercise is the number one help. Forward - and back bends, stretches, yoga and pilates.
Every day, every day. Many fruits and vegetables during day and night, nothing fried but lightly steamed. Even potatoes are a great food when steamed, contain vitamin C and fiber.
It takes a lot of discipline but after a few years, you don't like starchy, heavy fried foods any longer, and feel light and happy despite some pain.



Never forget that your pain is only a symptom

super-foods-that-silence-pain   www.loosethebackpain.com/blog    

No comments:

Post a Comment